Lotion doesn’t need to be liquid. You can make a nourishing, moisturizing lotion as a bar. Fun shapes — great gifts… and easy to carry, too!
Equipment: you’re going to need a mixing bowl + a silicone cupcake tray or some other mold(s) of your choice to make the bars
- 1 C coconut oil
- 1 C shea butter, cocoa butter, or mango butter (or a mix)
- 1 C beeswax
- optional: 45-50 drops essential oils of your choice. I like a combo of rose, sandalwood, and sweet orange).
- optional: 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1. Combine all ingredients (except essential oils) in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1 inch of water in it.
2. Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth.
3. Remove from heat, let cool a bit, and add desired essential oils and/or vitamin E
4. Gently stir by hand until essential oils are incorporated.
5. Carefully pour into molds or whatever you will be allowing the lotion bars to harden in. I used a silicone heart cupcake tray for easy removal
6. Allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop out of molds.